Staff of the Center
W. William Weeks
President and Director of the Conservation Law Center
- Mr. Weeks has represented clients in natural resource conservation matters in private practice as a member of the Bar in Indiana and the District of Columbia. He also worked for the conservation of biodiversity as an officer (Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, and Executive Vice President), of The Nature Conservancy. He is a graduate of the Indiana University Maurer School of Law—Bloomington (1979, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif), and the author of Beyond the Ark (Island Press, 1996.)
Jeffrey B. Hyman
- Mr. Hyman practices conservation and environmental law with the Conservation Law Center. Before coming to the Center, Jeff was law clerk to Federal District Court Judge David Hamilton and practiced public interest litigation at Polk Hyman & Associates in Indianapolis. Jeff also holds a Ph.D. in Ecology and has worked on a variety of conservation issues over the years, including restoration of Pacific Northwest salmon populations and regional wetlands management. Jeff graduated magna cum laude from Indiana University Maurer School of Law—Bloomington in 2003.
Andrea R. Need
- Ms. Need practiced environmental administrative law for 14 years with the Office of Legal Counsel at the Indiana Department of Environmental Management in Indianapolis. Andrea worked primarily on air quality regulations, federal air program implementation issues, and state legislation. She graduated magna cum laude with joint J.D./ M.S. Environmental Science degrees from Indiana University Maurer School of Law—Bloomington and Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs in 1993. Andrea also holds a B.S. in Natural Resources from the University of Michigan.
Graduate Fellow Attorney
- Alexis joined the Conservation Law Center in November 2014 after completing a fellowship with the Center for Biological Diversity in San Francisco, California. She received her J.D. with honors and a Certificate in Environmental and Natural Resources Law from Lewis & Clark Law School in 2013. While in school, Alexis completed internships with a variety of conservation organizations, including Columbia Riverkeeper, Advocates for the West, and the Earthrise Law Center. She is a member of the State Bar of California.
Graduate Fellow Attorney
- Peter graduated cum laude from Indiana University Maurer School of Law in 2014. He assists the Center with litigation, legal research, and writing. While in law school, he interned with the Center for three semesters and worked for the Sierra Club and Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation. Peter also holds a B.A. in Philosophy and Environmental Studies from Washington University in St. Louis.
- Lily Bonwich provides administrative support to the Conservation Law Center.
- W. William Weeks
President and Director
Conservation Law Center
- Michael Dennis
(Former Lead General Counsel
The Nature Conservancy)
- Robert Fischman
Richard S. Melvin Professor of Law
Maurer School of Law
- Robert McKinney
First Indiana Corporation
- Glenn Scolnik
Hammond Kennedy Whitney & Co.
Indianapolis Motor Speedway Foundation, Inc., and
Western & Southern Mutual Holding Company
- Catherine Wilkinson
Steptoe & Johnson LLP